by Joel Murach
19 chapters, 590 pages, 247 figures
Published May 2012
Book price: $54.50; SAVE 30%, now just $38.15
eBook price: $44.50; SAVE
30%, now just $31.15
Book + eBook: $64.50; Best
Value! SAVE 30%, now just $45.15
Today, MySQL is the world’s most popular open-source database, especially for web applications.
And if you’re ready to gain a set of professional MySQL skills, this is the book for you…whether you’re a beginner or whether you're an experienced MySQL developer who hasn’t had time to master all of its features, especially the ones that have been added in the past few years.
For example, you'll learn how to:
- Write SQL statements that retrieve, insert, update, and delete database data
- Code complex inner and outer joins, summary queries, and subqueries that do more of the database processing for you so that your applications can do less
- Handle the problems you typically encounter with various types of data
- Use MySQL functions for everyday tasks like rounding numbers or formatting dates
- Use foreign keys to maintain referential integrity
- Design a database and code the SQL statements that create its tables and indexes...skills that make you a more effective SQL developer, even if these tasks are done by a DBA where you’re working
- Work with an EER model and its related diagrams
- Create views that simplify data access and improve data security
- Use stored procedures, custom functions, triggers, and events to improve developer productivity
- Use transactions to maintain data integrity
- Handle basic DBA tasks like database configuration, security, and backups
Ready to master all of this?
Then let Murach’s MySQL turn you into a top MySQL developer.
Our 100% Guarantee
First, try our
books for 90 days. Then, if you aren't completely
convinced that our books are the best ones you've
ever used, you can return them for a prompt refund...no